Category Archives: IRC
IRC (INTERNET RELAY CHAT)
this first part down below is how to register your Nickname after your on the free node Server.
****** IMPORTANT: For general information on nickname or channel registration services, use “/msg nickserv help”. For specific information on registration, use “/msg nickserv help register” IMPORTANT*****
- Download IRC @ mirc.com (green button “download mIRC”)
- Setup the client/ Run the client
- Click Options (Top Left of Client. A hammer Icon. 2nd Icon)
- It takes you to the “Connect” tab.
- In the field Nickname please create a name that has CAPITAL Letters“WILD_____”. For instance my name is WILDsharustar, shon’s is WILDshon.
- Now go under the connect tab and find “SERVERS”. Click it
- Click “ADD” (DO THIS ONLY IF YOU DON’T SEE A “FREE NODE FOLDER IN YELLOW)
- Description = “FreeNode” (This is considered the server that all the techies hangout on)
- IRC SERVER = “irc.freenode.net”
- Ports = I think it defaults No groups No password. Press OK.
- Under “Servers there is “Options”
- Click “Connect on Startup”
- Push “Perform..” button on right
- Check mark “Enable perform on connect”
- Click “Add” (ONLY IF YOU DONT SEE FREENODE IN THE LIST)
- Under Network: Make sure Free Node is the one that is showing for the drop down.
- Type these things underneath each other.
- Under perform commands /msg Nickserv Identify password (this you have to plug in, once you have registered your name and password)
- underneath that type /j #wildcog
- underneath that type /j #html5
- Underneath those you can even add more like /j #freenode or /j #C++ . (what ever guys your looking for.) However, remember #C++ is a channel that requires members to be “registered”. AKA you Identified yourself. If you don’t do that. it takes you to a seperate channel named ##c++. you dont want that.
- Push OK.
- Push OK again
- Now your ready to push the connect button (yellow electic looking icon. 1st ICON)
- You will now be in Wildcog Channel, and I will “OP” you. Means you get commands you can use in the future to maintain the channel and new people coming in.